Even though it’s recommended to NOT pop a pimple, sometimes it is impossible to leave it alone and go about your life. No one wants a massive zit on their face and sometimes you just have to handle it. So if you have to get rid of it, this is the best way to go about it. (Remember to only use this on whiteheads. It won’t work on other types of pimples; it will just make them red and mad.)
- Apply Heat–Either take a warm shower or apply a warm compress to the pimple to open the pores and make it easier to remove.
- Clean the Area–The pimple is housing bacteria that you definitely don’t want on the rest of your skin. Clean the area with an antibacterial face wipe.
- Use Tissue–Using a tissue or two, apply pressure below and above the pimple and massage it back and forth to remove.
- Don’t Pick–If you see blood or clear liquid (sebum), stop squeezing it.
- Clean the Area–Wipe again with an antibacterial face wipe.
- Walk Away–Don’t look at it or you might get the urge to keep picking. Leave it alone.
If you have acne gel, you can apply it once you are finished. Remember to not try to squeeze hard zits or ones without a whitehead as they are not ready.
If you need acne cream, the one that we use from PCA Skin is awesome!
A gentle BPO acne spot-treatment that clears existing blemishes and prevents future breakouts.
- Fast-acting benzoyl peroxide spot treatment to quickly clear acne blemishes
- The poly hydroxy acid gluconolactone supports breakout control and soothes skin
- A host of soothing botanicals to reduce potential irritation