Hey, Meghan here again.
Have you ever had one of those awful, under the skin, painful pimples? The kind that just lurk there like some deep sea monster? Known as “blind pimples” because they have no head, they are always larger and more painful than the average pimple because the inflammation is deep down in the skin.
Did you know that there is a fast fix waiting at Practically Perfect? Seriously. The other day after finding one of these on my chin when I woke up, I stopped in at the spa to see if there was anything Lisa could do to make it not quite so Mount Vesuvius-like. She suggested we use the high frequency machine on it, which I had never tried before and it worked great.
But what exactly is it? Here a few things to know:
- Tesla–Originally developed by Nikola Tesla and known as the Violet Ray; it was created to treat bacterial infections. High frequency was referred to as Tesla current.
- Electrodes–The machine uses a tempered glass electrode, which transmits a gentle electrical current upon contact with the skin. When it touches the skin, the current ignites inert neon or argon gas and unstable oxygen in the electrode and changes the gas to healing light therapy and the oxygen to purifying ozone.
- Germicidal–The high frequency current creates a germicidal effect on the skin and dries oilier skin types.
The current is not painful and can be changed for each client. The benefits for this type of treatment are extensive and include:
- Improves the condition of skin and dries excess oil.
- Kills bacteria and germs residing on the skin.
- Increases collagen and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Increases blood flow to the skin.
- Reduces pore size.
I am definitely going back the next time I have a blind pimple. This one was gone the next day!
If you have questions regarding the high frequency machine, post them in the comments. As always, feel free to give us a call at 770-704-5614 to talk with a trained esthetician. We are here to help!