Top 5 Questions to Ask Your Esthetician
If you haven’t ever been to see an esthetician before, you might have concerns about what actually happens when you are there. Any good service provider should be able to answer your questions, put you at ease, and make you feel great about your results. At Practically Perfect, we want you to feel completely comfortable every step of the way. So we sat down and brainstormed about the questions that we think you should ask us (if you’d like to.)
Of course, a lot of what we have listed here will get talked about during your appointment, but if we don’t hit on a topic or if you need more detail—talk to us. We want to be your skin’s best friend.
So here go the 5 questions you should ask:
- What is my skin type?—This question goes hand in hand with “Have you ever given this treatment to someone with my skin type before?” When you arrive, we will have you fill out a form detailing your skin care history, regimen, issues, and any goals you might have for how your skin looks and feels. Afterward, we will talk for a few minutes about your skin, the treatment we would suggest, and the products we would recommend. Believe me when I say that we have seen every type of skin and we can help!
- Will there be any discomfort?—We will do everything in our power to alleviate any discomfort during treatments, however, there will be some during extractions of blackheads and chemical peels. If you are worried about discomfort, talk to us about it.
- Are there any side effects?—There won’t be any side effects after most treatments. However, after certain chemical peels, you might notice more sensitivity to sunlight. We will share with you any side effects that may occur before your treatment. Of course, we always recommend that you use sun protection even when you haven’t had a treatment, which leads us to our next question.
- What products do you recommend?—At Practically Perfect, we use PCA Skin products which are pH balanced and wonderful for your skin. PCA Skin offers a wide range of products to suit every complexion and we will be happy to talk with you about what you should be using at home.
- How long will the treatment last?— With most treatments, you will see results within a day of being at the spa. Taking care of your skin at home is the best way to ensure long lasting results.
Our spa should be a place of peace for you. Knowledge is your best tool when it comes to taking care of yourself and we want you to have all the answers.
If you have questions about treatments, talk to us in the comments.